A Celebration of Manhood, My Daughter turning 3, and Heart working hard!!

A Celebration of Manhood, My Daughter turning 3, and Heart working hard!!

This morning while I was in the shower, I was listening to The Steve Harvey Morning Show on I Heart Radio app through my phone and every show starts with some uplifting moments for you to take throughout your day. This morning topic was “Congratulations On Being A Man”. He talked about the REAL Men who are good Fathers to ALL of their children; providers, by more than just money, to their wives or girlfriends. The Men who refuse to accept negativity around them. The Men who want better for their children. The Men who want to be leaders and heads of their household. The Men who know how to be sensitive.

He then went on to talk about how if you can’t wake up everyday and be thankful for where you are in life, then you are just wasting your life, which is God’s greatest gift. Even if you are in jail, please believe that whatever got you there could have ended your life. He spoke of having a responsibility to be the person you know who you can be, WITHOUT excuses.

I must say I immediately started smiling and let out a giggle. I knew, just a few feet away from me everything I hold dear and sacred in this world was sleeping. I was/always am so thankful for them. The fact I have a wife who WANTS me to be the head of the household, children who LOVE me and cherish me. I have EVERY single reason in the world to wake up with a smile on my face, and I will make it a mission to remember that every single day. I do go to bed every night EXTREMELY grateful for what God has given me. The journey to this point in my life has not always been on calm waters, but no one has learned any real, life lessons on easy paths.

This past week was Annabelle’s 3rd birthday. I cannot believe it has ONLY been 3 years that Annabelle has been upon this world. If you spend any amount of time with her, you quickly see she is an old soul. “She’s been here before” is what so many people have told me and Damary. I love both of my girls equally, but for different reasons. Annabelle is the one who makes me stretch my knowledge of how to be a good, diplomatic, and strong Father. She reminds me that TRUE leadership is by example, not by words, or the volume of those words.

I also seem to be getting a handle on this abnormal EKG and BP problem. I was in the emergency room a couple of weeks ago for chest pains. They did an EKG, and once again I heard the word “abnormal” when talking about it. I asked the ER doctor what EXACTLY is abnormal about it. I’ve heard that term used for 8 months now, but no one has explained to me what it is. I found out that on most people’s EKG, the spikes go up with your heartbeat. For some reason, my spikes go down. Which maybe caused by my rising BP. The other thing is no one knows why my BP was so high. My cholesterol, weight, blood work all came back normal. So this is just a weird anomaly. I will have to take BP medicine my whole life, but I am finally warming up to that idea. I do have a follow up doctor’s appointment for this Thursday to talk more about it. We’ll see how that goes.

So back to the Celebration of Man. To Tito, Tim, Seamus, Loren, Steven, Aaron, Justin, and all of my REAL men friends, I tip my hat to you!! For our fraternity is not as big as it SHOULD be, but let’s not dwell on the negative, and celebrate the positive. To you all who hold your head up high, which have celebrated the journey, and take nothing for granted, here’s to you!! (Fighting the urge to NOT sing the “Real Men of Genius” song after typing that last part LOL)

-Until The Wheels Fall Off
Corey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kentucky Derby Marathon Write-Up

Where I've Been The Past Week....

I'm Fired Up!!!