A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Marathon Training, or A.K.A. Stomach Infections are NOT Fun!!

Hey Everyone,

So I was doing well on my marathon training, and then I noticed a couple of Friday's ago, I was feeling extrememly hot, or extremely cold (I even cracked jokes about it on Facebook and Twitter). Then no food wanted to stay in my body. So when I was doing my daily walks at work, I felt so weak like I would pass out. I tried running once, and don't remember how I made it back home.

So I just chalked it up to a stomach "Bug", if you will. I figured by the end of the week, I'd feel fine. Well, last Friday came and the "bug" turned into white hot pain. So that night I went to the Aftercare facility near us, and the doctor said I have a stomach infection (hence the pain), and gave me antibiotics. She said I should feel fine as of yesterday. She also told me not to run, until I felt 100%, not just better than I did.

So I am not in nearly as much pain as I was just a few short days ago. Because I lost so much, I am still a little weak. But I am making sure to get more protein in, and going at an easy pace for my walks (I just resumed those yesterday).

My goal to be back running is next Monday (August 2nd). But I also realize I am going to restart my training, so I can gradually get back to what I was at, and increase from there.

I will say, this little infection has been a learning experience, as well as a growing one. I mean, any other time, I would have just "powered through it" and kept running, but I want to do this the right way. I want to enjoy all of it. So if I have to take a couple of non-moving steps to fully get to where I wanna be, then fine.

-Until The Wheels Fall Off
-Corey

Comments

  1. Eeek, glad you went to the Doc! I would have ignored it for as long as possible too. Looks like you've got a good attitude about it, just wait it off and start right back up again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kentucky Derby Marathon Write-Up

Where I've Been The Past Week....

I'm Fired Up!!!